Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Car Rental, Flights, Externship-Could This Day Get Any Better?

I was not able to rent a car, in Mississippi the laws are you have to be over the age of 21.
Fine by me.
I will drive! 10 hours isn't to bad, unfortunately my car doesn't have the input thingy so I can plug my iphone into it and listen to music! WAAAA!

On a  really positive note....I GOT THE EXTERN POSITION! I start May 31! I am stoked and I can not wait till I am working!

On another positive note. I talked my hubby into me just flying to WA to see a friend of mine. She lives in WA now because her husband is in the Army. I am so excited, I haven't seen her in over nine stinking months! We are all really good friends, I know my hubby is going to be kind of bummed that he won't be there, but I have been putting of this trip for far to long.  I didn't want to have to pay a $150 cancellation fee since I was going to fly out there at the end of summer anyways...so instead I switched my flights and I didn't have to pay one penalty!

Today has been great! I passed my last unit test and everything is falling into place!
I am beginning to get closer to God and I definitely owe everything to him! My stress levels are at a all time low and I have never felt this great;)

Now I have one of the biggest tests of my nursing career tomorrow, so wish me luck! In OK it is called the HESI {mid-curricular}. We test over everything we have learned over the past year. I have to make an 850 on it so I am shooting for a 900! Wish me luck and I will update tomorrow afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. i knew you would get the extern position. how exciting! and i'm glad that you were able to switch flight destinations and avoiding that fee. good luck in your test tomorrow. you will do great as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the externship!! As for the 10 hour drive... I've done it more than once, you'll be okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited!

    I've driven long distance but not by myself. I just know it is going to be really hard on the way home....it will be the last time I see him before he leaves for Afghan. I am very thankful he is even getting a four day though, some are leaving ahead of him and they won't get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay congrats, and good luck on your test :)

    10 hrs isn't that bad, just get lots of good music, snacks and redbulls will make it better :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to say what's on your mind. Your thoughts are welcomed and appreciated very dearly!