Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Interview Down-One To Go

I had my first interview today @ one of the local hospitals for the nurse extern position. There are 29 people applying and they are only taking 10-15. Whew I am nervous. The interview was pretty neat, there were about 8 RN's sitting around a table, they took turns asking questions. I had to answer, I am sure they could tell I was nervous. I did make them laugh a time or two. I told them about myself and told them that my husband was deployed. One nurse asked how long he would be gone. I told her till next spring sometime. They all got this really sad face. I said "It's okay, I have been doing pretty good without him". Every single interviewer was laughing pretty hard. One said "That just got you a few extra points!" It was pretty funny.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I have a weird sense of humor and telling myself I am doing okay without him helps me out! I am doing pretty good without him, I have less cleaning, less laundry, more me time, I can listen to MY music! I have to look at the glass as half full or it is going to be a llooonnngg year. Again, I hope I didn't offend anyone, I do love my husband and I would rather have him home, but there is no need for me to sit and mop around. Plus I didn't want them to think that I wouldn't be a good candidate since my husband is deployed. I didn't want them to think I would be depressed or not focused enough to work!

My next interview is tomorrow! This hospital is an hour and a half way! If I get this position I am going to have to move in my grandma for the summer so I will only be about 40 minutes away. I have to save some gas $money$! I am sure everyone of you can understand that! I drive a Honda, but gas is 3.75 here and it is getting to expensive for my little economical car!

Keep your fingers and toes crossed that I get one of them, at this point I don't care which one I get! I will be happy with either! I should know by the second week in May!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! You'll have to keep us posted!

    PS - you picked a good profession, but it's just very difficult when we're so short-staffed (as most hospitals nationwide are), and the stress falls right on our shoulders. You'll soon find out what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get the position!!! :) You definitely deserve it. Crossing my fingers for you xoxoo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to say what's on your mind. Your thoughts are welcomed and appreciated very dearly!