Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Deployment Ceremony

The statewide deployment ceremony is tomorrow. I have decided to go for sure. My husbands entire family is going,{well, the important ones are}I am going to go with them. There are three people that are going to be missing school tomorrow for the same reason. We have a volunteer that is going to take notes and send them our way. In return we are going to split the price and buy a bath and body work gift card for the note taker! I have been flip flopping on this for a few weeks now, but I am going to go. This is the biggest deployment for OK since the Korean war. It is kind of a big deal. There is expected to be over 20,000 people attend. I am excited about it, sort of. I feel like this will be a way for me to accept the deployment more and sort of know it is real and it is coming. It is coming soon. Here shortly I will be doing everything alone, living alone, sleeping alone, eating alone, watching Grey's Anatomy alone.

This week has been rough, I have been waking up every night for the past three nights to horrible nightmares. They consist of me being in Afghanistan with my hubby and we are fighting in real combat. The dreams seem so real to me. They never end well. I guess they consist of my worst nightmares. I wish they would stop. I am tired of crying over something thats not real.

I have to get back to babysitting my nephew now. He is 15 months old now and he is a handful and a half!:) He is carrying my broom around the house. I caught him eating dog food earlier! Whoops.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to go. It will be a momentous occasion, even though it's leading up to something you wish wouldn't come. Take pictures and enjoy the moment as best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the nightmares. When B is away I have a bad habit of staying up until I can't keep my eyes open because I'm much more likely to fall into a dreamless sleep.

    I hope it was a nice ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you decided to go to the ceremony. That's awesome that someone is willing to take notes. I just hope she has good hand writing, haha.

    I'm sorry to hear about the bad dreams. I'm wishing you a dreamless night tonight, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to say what's on your mind. Your thoughts are welcomed and appreciated very dearly!